Sunday, September 04, 2005

Master of the Marimba

Hello! I'm back, for one day, anyway! I have been in Savannah, GA, handling the aftermath of saga involving embezzlement, old money, a fugitive, a possible gay/straight love triangle, and other strange events, that would make a great sequel to Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil! A few more days of this, I'm told, and I should be back in town for good...or is it for evil...?

Tomorrow, I will be graced by a visit from an old friend. This young man attended grade school and high school with me, and was a fellow band geek. He, unlike myself, grew up to be a master of his instrument, and is now a touring musician, with his own group, the Kevin Lucas Orchestra, formerly the Dead Musicians' Society. I was able to see him perform at UCF on Monday, and was thoroughly impressed with his compositions and his mad technique!! His music is kind of a new-age jazz, or classically influenced rock, maybe...? It's really good stuff. He calls it "Rock with a Marimba," and it's uniqueness may be considered akin to Mohave's "Dulcimer Rock."

It would be great to set up a gig together someday!!

Check him out at www.kevinlucas.org

And by the way -- come see us play in the middle of the afternoon, and for free, at Leu Gardens in Orlando/Winter Park, at 3:00pm Sunday Sept 11th. It's a great way for you Soccer Parents, underage folks, and early risers to see us -- and it's free!

1 Comments:

Blogger maharaja said...

I would like to contact marimba player Doctor Baby Elmo.... I played drums with his music. Any help will be appreciated!

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home