Saturday, July 09, 2005

People actually read this?

You know, all this time I never thought people actually read this stuff, but I guess you do. You are now, aren't you?

Well, since you're here, I am going to take a moment to plug two things:
1.) Bing's podcasts
2.) The incredible work that has been done promoting this band, and other aspects of JOB Entertainment

Bing gave me a copy of his A.F.I. (All Florida Indies) podcast. You can hear it on allflorida.blogspot.com. It's him hosting a podcast, which is like a radio show for the internet, featuring musicians from Florida. I have always imagined Bing growing into a cultural icon, like Garrison Keiler: The Next Generation. He's like a peaceful warrior for independent arts and entertainment, and a pioneer of new technologies to secure indie victory. And he sounds absolutley amazing on the "radio." Bing, you have my reverence, my applause, and my appreciation. And the rest of you, soak him up while you can, 'cause he's going places -- places most of us don't have the guts or foresight to go.

There's so much work to be done in any day. Living in this country at the pace at which we all live just to maintain the trappings of American Existence is enough to drown the spirit of even the most driven. All of us in this group have day jobs that take a whole lot out of us. We all like our jobs, and we're all basically happy, but with the weight we all carry it takes all the chi we can muster to make it out of bed, if we're lucky enough to get there in the first place.
So with the incredibly busy life that Bing and Jae live, it is some kind of miracle to me that they are able to have so many plates full of promotional crudite spinning all at once, without so much as a single finger sandwich ever hitting the floor. And I suppose that such a thing has happened, but it probably gets gracefully scooped up before anyone sees it (maybe by their dog, Champ...?) =)

So cheers, cheers, to the Pioneers
And thank you for your bounty
Who'd guess there'd be a revolution
Right here in Orange County?

That was cheezy, but, seriously -- thanks, from the gut! I'd have a moldy old trumpet in a case in a corner somewhere if it wasn't for you, and I'm truly grateful.

That's all for this one. Baja keeps bugging me to let him do his piece on Hurricane Preparedness, and Bunny wants to do one, too. But I won't tell them my password. If they firgure it out, I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I swear.

Bunky, pleading the Firth of Fifth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home