Sunday, June 19, 2005

Shout out to my home town

I was kind of worried about my long blogs, until I read one by The Dresden Dolls today. (That's a band you ought to check out -- it's part of the new burlesque movement, and they are creative and wonderful. www.dresdendolls.com)Damn! Their blogs are long, though...

So I heard from someone I hadn't heard from in over 15 years - someone from my hometown in Lockport, IL. I haven't spoken to nearly anyone who was a part of my life then since, well, then.
And it hit me about how important it is to keep up with your friends. I felt a weird and powerful kind of grief for all the years I have missed. I can't seem to shake it.

So my message for the journal today is - if there's someone you once cared deeply about, or someone who once made a difference in your life, find them, talk to them, and thank them, before it's too late. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home